We’re so lucky as St. Louis travel agents to be able to offer some amazing travel deals from St Louis. Check out the top U.S. destinations for 2014.
What are the hottest domestic U.S. destinations already being booked for 2014? In their never ending battle to reign supreme, it’s Las Vegas vs. Orlando. But this year, the destination where what happens there stays there very narrowly edges out the perennial family favorite. Travel Leaders recently asked its front-line agents throughout North America to share the domestic destinations they’re booking most often for the New Year. The top responses are:
1. Las Vegas, Nevada. High rollers, take note. Caesars Entertainment is building a new open-air retail, dining and entertainment district called the LINQ that includes what’s billed as the world’s tallest observation wheel named in your honor: the High Roller, standing at 550 feet and featuring 28 glass-enclosed cabins offering great views of the famed Las Vegas Strip.
If you’re seeking live entertainment, the biggest news on the Strip is the new resident artist at Planet Hollywood, Britney Spears, and her show, “Britney: Piece of Me.” Headliners will pop up in Vegas throughout 2014, from The Eagles and Elton John to Lady Antebellum and David Guetta.
Later in the year, the glamorous SLS Las Vegas Hotel and Casino will open in the space previously occupied by the legendary “Rat Pack” era Sahara Hotel.
2. Orlando, Fla. Walt Disney World Resort – the idyllic collection of family friendly themeparks, water parks, golf courses, hotels and restaurants – always offers something new. Disney is completing its expansion of the Fantasyland themed area, by more than doubling its size. As part of the expansion, the exciting new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride is expected to make its long-awaited formal debut in early 2014. There are also new rides featuring Disney favorites Dumbo, Belle and Ariel.
3. Maui, Hawaii. Maui’s beautiful beaches, mountains and valleys beckon, but if you’re looking for a change of pace, spend a day touring the Maui Ocean Center at Ma’alaea Harbor Village. The three-acre marine park is starting 2014 with a “Crazy for Koholā” event that celebrates the annual return of humpback whales to the waters around the island.
4. Alaska Cruises. Some of Alaska’s most stunning scenery is best enjoyed from a cruise ship sailing along the state’s southeastern coast, including areas that are simply not accessible any other way. The breathtaking views can often include calving glaciers, misty rainforests, majestic mountains and glorious wildlife. More than 20 ships from major cruise lines will offer Alaska cruises from May through September – talk with your travel professional to choose the right one for you.
5. New York City, N.Y. All eyes will be on the Big Apple this February as festivities surrounding this year’s Super Bowl XLVIII make the “City that Never Sleeps” more alive than ever. Sure, the big game itself might be played across the Hudson River in New Jersey, but with Broadway (between 34th and 47th Streets) transformed into Super Bowl Boulevard, football fans can meet and greet their favorite NFL stars, enjoy concerts and even experience a special 60 foot tall, 180 foot long Toboggan Run. Beyond sports, there are always new shops, restaurants, attractions and nightlife venues cropping up in the diverse neighborhoods of New York, making every visit a new experience.
Savvy travelers are booking their 2014 vacations early to make sure they get the flights and accommodations they want at the best prices. To visit these or other popular U.S. destinations during 2014, give your St. Louis travel agent at Travel Leaders in Chesterfield, MO a call at 636.778.1081.